Votes
Add MailChimp group information to OptIn forms
Instead of creating multiple lists in MailChimp, I prefer adding the email to a group, therefore I can target my campaigns from one single list, but to different purposes. In OptimizePress integration with MailChimp, I don't see any place where I can configure what group I want the optin prospect to be configured with. I could just use a MailChimp form for that, however I am using OptimizeMember, and I want the email to be added to the membership user database as well. Thanks!

Roberto Lopes shared this request 06/02/17 20:36
Simon Dunant 22/02/17 17:43 flag comment
Agree, integration into mailchimp segments or groups is essential. In mailchimp it's much easier to handle one big list segmented into groups (Mailchimp even recommend to do this) It helps avoid duplication of email addresses across lists. At the moment in OP2 you can only add to individual lists, not sub segments / groups of the list in Mailchimp and this is sorely and urgently needed
Hans de Ruiter 13/03/17 04:47 flag comment
Yes, this is exactly what I'm looking for as well. I'm currently trying to figure out how to work around not having this feature.
Lucas Wendling 22/05/17 23:03 flag comment
It's such a basic feature. What's with the dealy in doin' it?????
Janaina Bevilacqua 19/10/17 17:43 flag comment
How can I put my leads in my funnel, if I can't put them into my groups? o.O
Janaina Bevilacqua 20/10/17 03:02 flag comment
I had an almost same result by doing this: 1. Including in the submit form, an extra field called Campaign and specifying a unique value to those kind of users 2. Creating an automation in MailChimp, for users that have changed the "Campaign" field to the specified value. 3. Changing the "ACTION" for the first email of this automation to include the users into the Group that have the complete automation.
Patrice 10/06/19 12:50 flag comment
Same issue. I tried Steven Spiller solutions. The first solution works but is not suitable because I absolutely need a custom Thank You page. The second solution seems perfect for me but It doesn't work. The user is not added to the group. I just spent 2 hours trying and tweaking. Any Idea?
Sean Imler 01/10/18 18:35 flag comment
I can't believe that this feature doesn't exist, especially during member registration. I want to use drip content and there's no way to set up email to notify the member that new content is available and there's no way to target them unless they're in a unique list which makes automation more complicated than it should be.
Steven Spiller 05/02/19 13:00 flag comment
Hey Guys, I was stuck on this for months but i found the solution here https://help.optimizepress.com/article/357-integrating-with-mailchimp Here is a step by step breakdown 1. create a group in mailchimp e.g. Sign up location and add what ever group titles you want (make sure you select the checkbox icon 2. select signup forms > embedded forms 3 . Scroll down to the HTML and find the group you added E.g. my group was sign up locaion and my group was 5 ways to make money 3D printing the code will look like below Sign-Up Location
  • <input type="checkbox" value="1" name="group[18633][1]" id="mce-group[18633]-18633-0"> After the value fields add a checked indicator see below Sign-Up Location
  • <input type="checkbox" value="1" checked="checked" name="group[18633][1]" id="mce-group[18633]-18633-0"> 4. Now copy all the code and add it to your optimizepress opt in box. on the form HTML page under integration type put custom form then paste the HTML from mailchimp. the group check box will be passed as checked and the new subscriber will be added to the group without even knowing and the formatting will still be the optimizepress overlay.
  • Steven Spiller 05/02/19 13:00 flag comment
  • Steven Spiller 05/02/19 13:27 flag comment
    Alternatively (and much easier From the HTML in the sign up form find what the group name is e.g. name="group[18633][1]" and the field id e.g. 5 ways to make money 3D printing Now in Form HTML of your optin box select integration type as mailchimp then scroll to the bottom and add an extra field the field name will be you group name e.g. group[18633][1] and the value will be the field id e.g. 5 ways to make money 3D printing. select the required and hidden check boxes. using this method you can add custom thankyou and already subscribed pages.